Current Rates/Costs | Groot Observed Holidays |
Groot Industries, Inc. is the provider of the following services
to Winthrop Harbor residents:
- Weekly Refuse and Recycling Collection (year-round)
- Residents may choose from the
weekly curbside service programs or a pay-per-bag service.
- Groot will provide, at no charge,
one wheeled waste container to each customer who is on a weekly
curbside service program. The container will be either 65-gallon
or 95-gallon depending on which program is selected.
- Bulk-Item Service
- Bulk item pick-up at curb-side
is included as part of the weekly waste curbside service plans.
Residents may place one bulk-item at curbside for pickup on the
regularly scheduled weekly pickup day.
- Yard Waste Pickup (April
1st through November 30th)
- Yard waste pick-up
for all households is included as part of their plan. From April
1st through November 30th, up to 6 bags or containers (max. 32-gallon
containers) can be placed at the curb for pick-up each week.
- If more than
6 bags or containers need to be picked-up, Yard waste stickers
may be purchased at Village Hall or on-line at the Groot website.
- Leaf Collection Program (mid-October
through November 30th)
- There is no additional cost
to residents for the annual Leaf vacuum service.
Please click here for the current rates, program details and frequently
Visit the Groot website for details on the above services,
plus electronic waste collection, recyclable materials lists,
senior discounts, special pick-ups, paperless billing, and more.
You may also contact Groot by phone at (847) 566-0229.
Groot Observed Holidays
New Year's Day
* If the holiday falls on a Saturday,
pick-up will stay the same.
* If the holiday falls on a Sunday, Monday will be an off day.
* If the holiday falls on a weekday, service will be delayed
until the next day.